Who We Are & What We Do
Hive Waterloo Pop-Up
The Hive Waterloo Pop-Up, an initiative powered by Mozilla, brings together a community of civic and cultural organizations to hold events where youth can explore their interests in technology. Our goal is to build a sustained, permanent Hive Learning Network in Waterloo, following the success of Hive networks in New York City and Chicago.
The Mozilla Foundation
Mozilla is a proudly non-profit organization dedicated to keeping the power of the Web in people’s hands. We’re a global community of users, contributors and developers working to innovate on your behalf.
Hive Learning Network and Mozilla share a passion for empowering youth to take charge of their own learning, and are both committed to:
- Designing and working in open and participatory ways
- Applying “open source thinking” to social and educational innovation
- “Connected Learning” as a set of principles and a broad theory of change
- Iterative design, agility and continuous testing
- Empowering learners as co-designers and makers and creating shareable educational products